Monday, July 15, 2013

ARC Review: Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols

From the author of the “real page-turner” (Seventeen) Such a Rush comes an unforgettable new drama that follows friends-turned-lovers as they navigate the passions, heartbreaks, and intrigue of country music fame.

Bailey wasn’t always a wild child and the black sheep of her family. She used to play fiddle and tour the music circuit with her sister, Julie, who sang and played guitar. That ended when country music execs swooped in and signed Julie to a solo deal. Never mind that Julie and Bailey were a duet, or that Bailey was their songwriter. The music scouts wanted only Julie, and their parents were content to sit by and let her fulfill her dreams while Bailey’s were hushed away.

Bailey has tried to numb the pain and disappointment over what could have been. And as Julie’s debut album is set to hit the charts, her parents get fed up with Bailey’s antics and ship her off to granddad’s house in Nashville. Playing fiddle in washed-up tribute groups at the mall, Bailey meets Sam, a handsome and oh-so-persuasive guitarist with his own band. He knows Bailey’s fiddle playing is just the thing his band needs to break into the industry. But this life has broken Bailey’s heart once before. She isn’t sure she’s ready to let Sam take her there again…


Talk about a lesson in all things country music, blue grass, rockabilly and Nashville!  I'll admit that Nashville has always been on my list of places I want to visit.  So once I learned of Echols' new release centering around this location and the music community its so well know for and I was sold!

Echols has long been one of my favorite contemporary romance writers and I think she hit another one out of the park.  Her characters and their inevitable romances always pull me in and have me rooting for them every step of the way.  Bailey and Sam were no different.  For a reader who didn't know a whole lot about the Nashville scene I enjoyed how Echols laid the groundwork and introduced and worked through all the dynamics through Bailey's eyes and experience.  I found myself taking mental notes of bands and singers I wanted to remember to check out and maybe even finally finding the time to get that trip to Nashville together that I've always wanted to take.  When I do get there, I've got a few places I'd like to check out, that Echols mentioned and described throughout the story.

Bailey and Sam were both experiencing their own struggles and working together and apart in order to grow and move toward that nearly impossible dream of making it big always in the forefront of their minds.  I couldn't help but want to see all their talent and hard work and dedication pay off and I think this is a read that fans of Echols will enjoy as well as any who are looking for some fun and romance!

I gave Dirty Little Secret 4 shamrocks!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading mixed reviews for this one. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails