Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Review: Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


If I was worried that Forman wouldn't have lightning striking twice I needn't have bothered.  Her sequel delivered and Adam's voice was just as capturing as Mia's.  I was surprised with how things started off and three years having passed since the terrible accident but quickly got my bearings and was frantic for more of the two of these wonderful characters.

Seeing and hearing how much and how fast their lives changed was disorienting and I was a little sad to find that it wasn't everything they'd hoped for, but I wanted to wait and see how and if things might turn around for them.  If any characters ever deserved a happy ending it would be these two don't you think?  It was no surprise how invested Forman was able to get her readers to be in the first book and nothing changed this time around.

For these two, one night to reconnect and wade through the past, their presents and their futures was a tall order but Forman managed to pack it all in flawlessly.  I was on the edge of my seat flipping each page and holding my breath.  Forman maintains her reputation and talent and I look forward to reading more from her.

I gave Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails