Friday, March 8, 2013

Ruben Toledo

Recently I went shopping and while I was not in a book store I came upon a few books that I had no hope of passing by.  Their covers were simply too stunning to walk away from.  I later did some research and discovered the life of Ruben Toledo.  This is an artist who knows his stuff.

Penguin has described them as, "Penguin Classics Deluxe editions in Couture—to spark your imagination and stir up passion for the classics. Each luxury volume features French flaps, rough front, and specially designed covers in oil, watercolor or pencil by renowned fashion illustrator, Ruben Toledo. Now three new editions to add to your collections!"

You guys can see for yourselves that his work is without question simply amazing and I cannot get enough of it.  

I was lucky enough to be able to get Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter, but now I want them all.  Greedy I know, but I can't help wanting to add them to my collection and put them on display somewhere in my apartment so they can get the reception they deserve and the respect that they've earned.  Not only are these classic novels written by amazing authors, but now Toledo has given them cover images only they could deserve!  What do you guys think?  Are you glad that Toledo took a break from the fashion illustration to contribute to the classics we all know and love?  I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails