Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This feature was crated because they're particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish (and who isn't?).  They're all about creating new lists including a little bit of everything and I've been meaning to participate for so long but always seemed to get behind.  I've decided that's going to chance in the new year.  So here we are and hopefully you'll head over to their page and check out what everyone else put up for this week's Top Ten.

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions but when it comes to books it's a whole new ball game.  So I've gotten a list together of a few things I'd like to do that are book related in 2013.

2013 Bookish Goal #1:  Clear the Bookshelves

Most of you guys have already heard that I finally hit a point where I couldn't take it anymore.  I went through my bookshelves and made a list of every title I own that I have yet to read and it's way too long.  So I've decided that if I want to buy any new books I've got to read at least two I already own first.  What better motivation and incentive right?  No cheating!  So far it's going well, but keep your fingers crossed for me just the same....I'm trying to stay strong here.

2013 Bookish Goal #2:  Timely Reviews

I'm sure you've all been there before.  It's very easy to finish a book and put off writing and posting a review.  Whether it's because you want to give yourself some time to formulate your thoughts and opinions, or you've just run out of time for the moment.  There's always going to be a reason or excuse (I've come up with thousands) but I'm going to try just a little bit harder to manage my reviews a little bit more efficiently.

2013 Bookish Goal #3:  More Author Interaction

I'm going to do my best to get more authors to visit the blog for interviews and guest posts.  I know everyone's very busy and I can only imagine how hectic it can be when authors are trying to not only write new material, but also promote their current work, but hopefully I can beg them to squeeze me in.  I've always been a fan of when authors stop by a blog to chat or share a little about themselves and their work, and I know I'm not alone.

2013 Bookish Goal #4:  2013 Debut Author Challenge

I love the challenge that Kristi over at The Story Siren hosts every year.  I've participated (as I'm sure a lot of you have) twice now, but I've only met my goal once.  Shame on me.  This year I'm going to do it from start to finish and try my absolute best to make it work.  There are just way too many great new authors to meet and check out.  I love coming across fresh material and new voices, and this challenge presents the perfect opportunity to get that kind of exposure!

2013 Bookish Goal #5:  Guest Bloggers

Calling all who are interested!  I'm thinking it might be fun to have a guest writer/reviewer every once in a while on the blog.  Getting a fresh and new perspective on the YA literature out there would be something I would love to do and have here on the blog.  If any one is interested leave me a comment or shoot me an email and we can see what's what and go from there.  Even with books I've read I enjoy reading other reviews out there because it's nice to see what other readers thought and how they felt after reading a certain title.  It's interesting to compare notes so to speak.

2013 Bookish Goal #6:  Organizing the TBR List

It will never be perfect or even quite feasible, but I'd like to try my best to do something with it.  Cross out and eliminate what I've read, add the titles from my countdowns or the recommendations that I've gotten, etc...  Plus I'll admit it always reminds me of the titles I've been looking forward to and might just help me decide my next addition to the personal library.  Either way, my TBR list is  in need of some major TLC.

2013 Bookish Goal #7:  Working Through the Favorites

It might not make much sense, but there are so many great authors out there that I love to death that I lost track of them from time to time.  I do my best but I'd like to take the time and see if some of my favorite authors have somehow managed to fly under my radar and produce new work that I somehow missed.  It could happen...if it has I'll be pleasantly surprised and have ended up with more titles to add to my TBR, like I need any more!  Either way I'll feel better knowing that I'm not missing out on any sure winners out there.

2013 Bookish Goal #8:  Book Club

I would love to join a book club in 2013.  I haven't heard of any in my immediate area, and not too many of my close friends are bibliophiles like myself.  I'm sure I could find one online to participate in, don't you think?  My sister lives in NYC and while I might not be able to physically go tot her book club meetings (her and her friends just started one) I could at least keep up with their readings and maybe talk to her about them in the meantime while still looking for one on my own.

2013 Bookish Goal #9:  Visits

I have a few blogs that I visit on a regular basis and not all of them are book related.  But I seem to find myself wanting to branch out all over the place with 2013 rolling in so I figured why not roll it right on over to the blogs I frequent.  I'm going to do my best to check out at least a few new or different book blogs each week and see what I come across.

2013 Bookish Goal #10:  Anniversary Celebration

This March will mark the beginning of my third year blogging (or blogiversary) and I want to do something to mark the occasion.  I'm not sure what exactly that will entail but giveaways will be happening for sure!  I want to show my thanks and appreciation to those that read the blog, the authors and publishers that participate in the posts, and everyone who encourages this online community!  So stay tuned and get ready to celebrate in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails