Monday, December 24, 2012

Review: Minder (Ganzfield, #1) by Kate Kaynak

Sixteen-year-old Maddie Dunn is special, but she needs to figure out how to use her new abilities before somebody else gets hurt. Ganzfield is a secret training facility full of people like her, but it's not exactly a nurturing place. 

Every social interaction carries the threat of mind-control. 

A stray thought can burn a building to the ground. 

And people's nightmares don't always stay in their own heads. But it's still better than New Jersey. Especially once she meets the man of her dreams...


Love, Love, Love!  Kate Kaynak has now been added to my list of favorite authors.  I can't help it, she's got me hooked on this series with no chance of resisting.  I hate that I waited so long to start this series, but I'm excited that there are already several installments in the series available so that I can power right on through the series without having to wait for new installments to hit the shelves, which I love!  No countdowns in my future for this series at the moment which is always a welcome outcome.

I'll admit that I've always been a fan of X-Men, whether it was the comics, movies, etc...it didn't matter, I was an avid fan.  I'm not saying that this series lines up with that exactly, but there is a good amount of similarities that I've found between the two and it's very different from a lot of the other YA titles that I've been reading which I think helped boost my excitement levels as well.

Maddie, Trevor, Cecilia, Drew, you name it and I became a quick cheerleader for Kaynak's characters in this series.  Her writing is fresh and fun, as well as capable of throwing me into anxiety with her tension inducing action sequences where to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect with each turn of the page.  I was kept on my toes and had fun throughout the entire read.  Like I said I have already decided that I want to continue to read the rest of this series as quickly as possible and I'm so thankful that not only are there plenty of other installments out on the shelves now, but that I already have the next two on my bookshelves at home to start right away!

I gave Minder (Ganzfield, #1) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails