Monday, December 3, 2012

ARC Review: Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2) by Ciye Cho

Being the only human in a world of merfolk... isn't easy. Florence Waverley chose to stay in Niemela, but things have gone awry. Secrets have risen and the prince she cares about has pulled away. All the while, dark dreams warn her of a tragedy that only she can stop. But in order to save the merman she loves, Florence will have to enter the Life Path tournament: a brutal test of fear and madness.

The tournament is a rite of passage--a maze where young mermaids and mermen battle to find their purpose. It is also a place where Florence will face grave danger: mermaids with evil magic, tunnels filled with sea fire, and guardians who wish to use her as a pawn in their secret plans. But will Florence be strong enough to survive the tournament... or will she perish inside it?

Everything hangs in the balance: her life, her world, and her love.


I've just got to say that this is one of those series that  I just plain old enjoy reading.  The characters are fun to get to know, witness in action and learn more about.  Cho's writing is straight forward and the imagination that went into creating this world within the series continues to surprise and impress me.  When authors are able to spin a tale that draws their readers in and keeps them wanting more after the last page is turned deserves a large amount of credit.

I continue to be grateful to get the opportunity to read and review Cho's work and look forward to what will happen next in this series.  If you're unfamiliar with the series, take a look and give it a try.  With only two installments on the shelves to date there's plenty of time to catch up and get to know Florence, Rolan, Yolee and everyone else that Cho has brought to the table.  The new additions in the cast of characters within this sequel had me smiling from ear to ear.  I can't say enough about Wynn!  I adored his character's personality and loyalty, not to mention his gumption!

While I'm sad that yet again I'm left waiting and counting down until another installment in the series is available, for now I'm just happy that the series has continued on past the opener.  I'm always worried that with first installments, I'll be left waiting to see what happens next, and be left disappointed.  But that wasn't the case with Cho's Florence Waverley series.  The sequel more than lived up to the opener and I'm positive the future installments within the series will stand on the same ground.

I gave Luminaire (Florence Waverley, #2) 3 shamrocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails