Friday, September 28, 2012

ARC Review: Ever (Ever, #1) by Jessa Russo

Seventeen-year-old Ever’s love life has been on hold for the past two years. She’s secretly in love with her best friend Frankie, and he’s completely oblivious.

Of course, it doesn't help that he’s dead, and waking up to his ghost every day has made moving on nearly impossible.

Frustrated and desperate for something real, Ever finds herself falling for her hot new neighbor Toby. His relaxed confidence is irresistible, and not just Ever knows it. But falling for Toby comes with a price that throws Ever’s life into a whirlwind of chaos and drama. More than hearts are on the line, and more than Ever will suffer.

Some girls lose their hearts to love.

Some girls lose their minds.

Ever Van Ruysdael could lose her soul.


Everyone must read this book!  I'm not kidding around here people...I mean business!  When I started this book I was unaware that it was a series, and thought I had picked up a standalone to read.  I was wrong.  After finishing the book (because that's how it always seems to work) I realized that this was just the first installment in a series and the cliffhanger Russo leaves her readers with at the end of this book was enough to make me want to jump up and scream while tearing my hair out.

I can't believe this happened to me again, but there's nothing I can do about it now.  It's only happened a handful of times before and each one of those was equally frustrating.  Russo sucked me into this book so quickly that I didn't even realize it until I'd glance at the clock and see how much time had gone by and that I needed to find a breaking point so I could get some sleep....only there was no good breaking point.  It was one revelation after another, more mystery and suspense than I expected for sure, and it was addicting to a dangerous degree.

So be full warned that this is NOT a standalone and trust me when I say that being frustrated with the cliffhanger is an understatement of epic proportions.  I haven't heard anything about a second book (please let there be a book two contracted already) so I'm crossing my fingers that one is already in the works, but on the off chance that nothing is finalized yet we've got to get more people reading this book so that book two becomes a reality.  I can't stand the idea of not knowing what will happen next for Ever and the rest of the gang!

So do yourself a favor and HUGE one for me and pick up this book when it hits the shelves on October 1st!

I gave Ever (Ever, #1) 4 shamrocks!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails