Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #4) by Rachel Hawthorne

I can feel every Shifter's emotions except Daniel's—
the only one whose heart I long to know.


HAYDEN was born a werewolf, a Dark Guardian. But her ability to sense the feelings of fellow werewolves has made her life unbearable. She runs away, only to be tracked by charming, mysterious Daniel, a newcomer to the pack and the one Shifter immune to her powers. As she reluctantly follows him home, Hayden finds herself falling dangerously in love. . . .

But even as her feelings for Daniel deepen, Hayden begins to wonder if he is who he claims to be. Where did he come from and why has no one ever seen him transform? When they stumble upon the body of a Shifter still in wolf form, her worries grow. Someone is killing her kind. Is her handsome tracker really a hunter? And is Hayden now his prey?


Rachel Hawthorne's Dark Guardian series had me entertained from the start of book one to the very end of book four. And now I'm wondering if and when she'll produce a book five.

Hayden and Daniel were just as much fun to get to know as the rest of the Dark Guardian gang. A tab bit more doom and gloom followed these two along the way when compared with the other couples, but it only had me rooting for them all the more. As always I was glad the old favorites were still a part of this story, but I also enjoyed the time when it was just the two of them.

I liked Daniel from the start when Hawthorne introduced him in Dark of the Moon, but Hayden was a new addition. An addition I loved. She was brave and strong and with her added ability, a unique character who fit in well with Hawthorne's world.

I can only hope Hawthorne has more installments planned for this series because I for one am not quite ready to say goodbye.

I gave Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardians, #4) 3 shamrocks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails