Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra's Last Hope by Elizabeth Isaacs

If Nora Johnson hadn't been on campus that day she would have never known her true destiny. Helping her friends move into the dorm that she wanted to call home, Nora accidentally collides with mysterious stranger, Gavin Frey. His very first touch sends flames through her heart. The world seems different-something within her has changed.

She tries to resume her mundane life, but she is now consumed with the one whose very presence ignited her soul, the one with eyes of emerald. Nora soon learns that an energy buried deep within has been unleashed. She now wields unimaginable power and has become Gavin's source, his strength.

Her new found joy is shaken when she discovers that Gavin is not who he appears to be and she has been thrust in the middle of a war of mythical proportions. Negativity allows all things evil to flourish, the earth is under siege. The fate of creation hinges on the power within her heart. Will she be strong enough to survive?

Way back when, a fellow blogger suggested I check this title out. I didn't have my kindle yet and sadly every time I went to my local bookstores it was never in stock. I try to keep ordering online to a minimum (because I always get carried away) so I moved on to other titles. Recently it popped up as a recommendation for me on my kindle based on the other books I'd recently read. When I saw the low price I couldn't resist any longer. After chapter one I was so hooked I wanted to smack myself for waiting so long. I had definitely missed out.

Isaacs writes from the heart. She's a romantic and the lyrical tone comes out in her writing one hundred percent. Her characters are people you wish were a part of your life and are downright irresistible. Like I said...I'm hooked. the other aspect I liked was that the book was kind of long. Or at least it felt like it, and I mean that in a good way. Nothing was rushed or cut short, like some other books I've read in the past. Isaacs gave me time to get to know her characters and their world. And she gave me ample time to fall in love with it all.

Her second installment, The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength is scheduled to come out soon and honestly it can't hit the shelves soon enough. I want to see what's in store next.

I gave The Light of Asteria 5 shamrocks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails