Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Review: Angel Star (Angel Star, #1) by Jennifer Murgia

Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand; the mark of an angel.


But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.


Angel Star is in one word: perfection! Jennifer Murgia's book had me excited right from the beginning. She drew me in and her world refused to let me go, not that I wanted to leave. I was so far from disappointed, in fact she surpassed what I had even hoped for. And did I mention this is her debut YA novel? I know...amazing!


Who doesn't love the idea of a guardian angel? I know I do and I can only hope that mine is as dreamy as Garreth! We meet our main character, Teagan in Angel Star and I just loved her. She's kind, brave and has such a big heart, and did I mention brave? Guardian angel or not, this girl has got guts!

And as I mentioned before, Garreth *swoon* is wonderful. He's the definition of good, protective and all around perfection. But where there is good, bad is always close behind. Enter Hadrian. All I can say is that he's got the tall, dark and dangerous vibe down to a tee.

The truth is, no review can do this book justice. It's just that good! This is a book I will read again and again, it's already a favorite. Some books (and they are few and far between) just stick with you, and that is Angel Star for me. I can't express how excited I am for the sequel to come out and am only sad that it's not already on the shelves.

This book has it all, light vs. dark, good vs. evil, discovering what really matters and fighting for what's right. It's also about sacrifice and standing up for what you believe in. It's deep and emotional and will have you going through a gamut of emotions.

Murgia has a talent and is a natural story teller, so she's in the right business. Like I said...perfection!

I gave Angel Star (Angel Star, #1) 5 shamrocks!!!!!



Check back tomorrow for my interview with the fabulous Jennifer Murgia and don't forget you can win you very own signed copy of Angel Star and some swag from Jennifer to go with it if you enter in the Angel Star Giveaway. Click the contest link on the menu bar and good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Awesome review, Katelyn! I definitely can't wait to read this one. I signed up through an ARC tour and am waiting for it to arrive. Your review made me even more excited to receive it. I will keep my eye out for your interview with the author. VERY COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great exciting review, I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I love it and the excitement it conveys! I am putting this book on my TBR list!

    P.S. I have an award for you on my blog.;) It's shown after my review of "Rumours".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails